Monday, May 17, 2010

Valentino Rossi still Loyal with Yamaha Team

Yamaha said on Friday it has signed a new two-year agreement with the seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi to continue their Factory Racing for 2009 and 2010 MotoGP World Championship.
The 29-year-old Italian joined Yamaha in 2004 and since then he has two world championships, 32 races and 20 pole positions in the Japanese factory won. He currently leads the World Cup 2008 runners, taken at three wins and five podium finishes in the first ten races this year. Rossi will continue as team-mate Jorge Lorenzo Spanish Young in 2009.

Rossi and Masao Furusawa, General Manager, Operations Engineering from Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. signed the contract Friday afternoon at the Laguna Seca circuit and made a public announcement at the party of traditional Laguna Seca Yamaha U.S., the Monterey Bay Aquarium on Friday evening.

Yamaha motor Racing Lin Jarvis, Managing Director, said: "We are naturally delighted secured Valentino for a further two years. I think the news will be welcome for MotoGP fans and for Yamaha fans around the world."

"Confirmed Valentino is an icon of the sport and is good form as he now respect his World Cup and his third title with Yamaha to win challenges. This signature, Yamaha four driver line-up for 2009 and we can now to focus our efforts on the development of the full cycle of the team and organization to ensure that we are in the best possible shape for next year."

Valentino Rossi added: "After so many years in racing, fortunately with so many victories, I needed a special motivation to be to sign the decision for two more years. The best place to find this motivation Yamaha, because I have a excellent relationship to their leaders who have come to a mutual trust and loyalty. In our team there is a special atmosphere and with this new deal I continue with my team where I am part of the project and part of the development of my M1 can.

"I had other options but to remain through the efforts of Yamaha, to me the best machine to a better environment, I decided to go with Yamaha for another two years. This contract means that the manufacturer Yamaha, I spent most of my career is . This means more than a thousand words. "

No comments:

Post a Comment